Wednesday, March 28, 2012

APP Review "Frameographer"

I chose Frameographer as my mobile application to review. Frameographer is an application that allows the user to shoot and export high definition timelapse videos using your mobile phone camera. The app is very useable, it has a really simple interface that makes it easy to use for just about anybody. As far as sustainability goes, this app only allows you to export the video in 720 HD. There are other apps that will export out at 1080p, which puts frameographer a bit behind in that regard. Some good things about this app is that you can lock the exposure by simply touching which part of the frames exposure you want to lock the exposure at right on your phones viewer. Here is a link to frameographers app store page, where you can see the interface and kinda get a feel for how the app works: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/frames-time-lapse-stop-motion/id503347879?mt=8

The app costs $2.99, and it is probably worth it for somebody who is into timelapse photography like myself. It is very handy incase you see that gorgeous sun setting and you dont have your dslr on you.

here is a link to my youtube page where I have posted a small compilation of timelapses I have taken with the app

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMJUPcP8Roc&context=C4555e13ADvjVQa1PpcFMKzeZwnGHeEK5e8FnKNAewBN1v82I02ug=

No comments:

Post a Comment